This 5-day course covers an overview of Agile and then takes a deep dive into Agile Testing techniques and the role of the Agile Tester. The course can be customized to include intensive hands on sessions in TDD, ATDD and Mocks.
Gain a basic understanding of Agile.
Learn the Scrum Fundamentals, Artifacts and Roles.
Understand the role of a tester on an Agile team.
Learn the Agile Testing Pyramid.
Get some exposure to Agile testing tools.
Compare Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Agile Overview
- The Agile Potential
- The Agile Manifesto
- Agile alone is NOT enough
- Can Agile fail?
- THE Best Agile
- SCRUM Overview
- Stories -Making It Manageable
- Acceptance Criteria – where and when
- Why Object Oriented Principles Are Critical To Agile
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Just Enough and no more
- Controlling Chaos
- Creating a Sense Of Urgency
- Driving Your Project
- Conducting the Daily Scrum
- Chickens and Pigs
- Life Is Daily!
- Doing Iterative Development
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Product Owner: Roles and Responsibilities
- Requirements and the Product Backlog
- Building a Product Backlog
- User Roles and Personas
- Acceptance Criteria
- Story Workshops
- Story Aggregation and Decomposition
- Spikes and Special Stories
- Agile Tester Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Commitment to Quality
- Teams Test
- Pairing Testers and Developers
- The Agile Testing Pyramid
- Agile Testing Quadrants
- Unit Test
- Acceptance Test
- GUI Test
- Manual Test
- Overview of Test Automation and Automation Tools
- Unit and Testing First (TDD)
- Exploratory Testing
- Exploratory vs Scripting
- Concurrent design and execution
- Motivation for exploratory testing
- Test Driven Development
- Definitions and Uses of Test Driven Development
- Principles and Techniques of Test Driven Development
- Test Driven Development Benefits
- Best Practices in Test Driven Development
- Test Driven Developments Anti-Patterns
- Mock Objects
- Mock Objects – why?
- Test Fakes, Stubs, Doubles
- Collaborating Objects – testing the code in the middle
- Suggested tools to help
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Choose your story
- Writing test(s) for your story
- Consider automating the tests
- Implementing the functionality
- The ATTD micro-cycle
- To Mock or not to Mock
- What can go wrong
- Iteration planning
- Epic planning
- Managing scope
- Knowing when you’re done