Program Management is a two-day course that represents an approach that can significantly improve results when an organization must undertake an endeavor that is large in scope and complexity. Program management provides a framework for organizing and successfully managing these larger scopes of work. A program is an efficient and optimal way for managing multiple interrelated projects that support overall organizational objectives and obtaining the benefits not available from managing the projects individually. Participants will gain an understanding of program management, including exposure to the best practices, tools, and techniques necessary to successfully execute this concept.
Organize a large scope of work into an efficient program.
Ensure that the critical success factors are in place for a program.
Follow a systematic approach for establishing and managing a program that is consistent with both the standard and best practices.
Effectively manage risk in a program.
Deal with the wide range of stakeholders associated with a program.
Handle issues, escalation, and governance of a program.
- Workshop Logistics
- Workshop Materials
- How to Get the Most Out of This Workshop
- Workshop Objectives
- Workshop Contents
- Program Concepts
- Defining Project, Program and Portfolio Management
- Contrasting the Relationship
- Benefits of these Concepts
- Factors for Success in Program Management
- Program Management Life Cycle and Pre-Program Preparations
- Typical Program Management Life Cycle Overview
- Pre-Program Preparations
- Program Initiation
- Program Initiation
- Program Manager
- Stakeholder Management
- Key Stakeholders in Program Management
- Steps in Program Stakeholder Management
- Initial Program Set-Up
- Program Set-Up
- Planning Approach
- Define Program Goals and Objectives
- Plan and Establish Program Governance Structure
- Completing Program Set-Up
- Planning Program Risk Management
- Other Planning Required in Program Setup
- Program Setup Phase Gate Approval
- Delivery of Program Benefits
- Direct and Manage Program Execution
- Manage Program Resources/Architecture
- Engage Program Stakeholders
- Distribute Information
- Conduct Program Procurements
- Monitor and Control Program Performance
- Administer Program Procurement
- Manage Program Issues
- Report Program Performance
- Manage Program Benefits
- Program Closure
- Review of Program
- Manage transition to operations
- Shutdown the Program
- Summary and Conclusion